Welcome to the www.SegetDonji.com page!
Beach by the lungomare
Seget Donji is the administrative center of Seget and is a settlement that has been almost absorped by Trogir
. Its eastern neighbors are the buildings of Trogir, on the western side the Medena Resort faces Seget Vranjica
. Settled partly on a hill side, Seget Donji has a view of Trogir Bay and Island Čiovo to the south.
Bathing in Seget Donji is possible all along the coast of the sea. One of the longest seaside promenades on the Adriatic, the 2 km long Seget lungomare stretches all along the coast, which, apart from the arranged and built-up beaches is mainly rocky. Man-made beaches are found at the Medena Resort (blue flag awarded, various beaches), Hotel Jadran (concrete terraces with entrances to water) and at Camp Seget (gravel beach).
Palm trees on Seget Donji beach
For Seget vacations an almost complete set of accommodation types is available. Besides the larger hotel complexes (Medena and Jadran resorts) there are several small hotels, apartment buildings, villas and Camp Seget. A couple of restaurants and bars, especially in the historic downtown, welcome its guests with Dalmatian and international offerings. Shopping can be done either locally in grocery stores or in the large stores of Trogir
more of nearby Split. Being an administrative center, Seget Donji has its doctor and drugstore, too.
Old town ambience
While most of the visitors of the area come to see the UNESCO-protected sights of neighboring Trogir, Seget Donji has its own attractions. The largest of these is the historic downtown in itself. The construction of the town was started when the nobleman and Trogir's notary, Jakov Rotundo received permission from Trogir's count to erect a walled tower in 1564 - the name of the founder was reflected for a long time in the name of the town, as it was known as Kaštel Rotundo (Castle Rotundo) until the town received its current name. The Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary Church in the downtown was built on the bases of two former churches on the plot in 1758, its valuable ornament is the 15th c. altar-piece by Blaise of Trogir, son of George (Blaž Jurjev Trogiranin). There are more medieval monuments outside of the town walls, too, both church buildings and secular ones, like the Štafilić (Statileo) Tower built in 1516.
Please don't miss to visit our Seget Donji photo
pages for more insights about the town.
What do you think?